If you are renting a home or apartment, you likely have given your landlord a fairly substantial deposit. Usually the equivalent of one month’s rent. If you want to recover the entire security deposit, here’s a few important steps to take.
- Leave yourself plenty of time to complete the job. Start organizing and boxing two weeks in advance.
- Generally it’s a good idea to begin with cleaning at least a week before your move-out date.
- Start with the tough jobs. (Oven, Stove) and work progressively (Showers, Tubs) toward easier jobs. (closets)
- As you move along the process, you will find more and more overlooked cleaning tasks.
- As a general rule, in each room, you will want to work from left to right and always from top to bottom.
- If you need to have the carpets cleaned, whether professionally or not, it should be the last thing done. (Remember, here in Austin, if you steam clean your carpets, they will dry fairly quickly)
- KNOW WHAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR !!
When you have thoroughly cleaned the entire residence, you should always have the owner or property manager do a walk-through with you. AND, get a WRITTEN letter of satisfactory completion.
Later, the Miracle Maid
Please make sure that your home is clutter-free so that our professionals can concentrate on cleaning. Read more…
Tips and tricks to use around your home to make cleaning and managing it easier.