If you submit a helpful hint we will give you a 10% discount off your next cleaning. If we use your helpful hint we will give you a free upgrade on your next cleaning.
– Sponges are a disease carrier and a perfect breeding ground for bacteria including E. coli. A simple solution to sanitize your sponges is to microwave them. Put your wet sponges in the microwave for 2 minutes on high setting. This will kill 99% of bacteria including E. coli. Be careful to let the sponges cool down completely for they will be fiercely hot after 2 minutes of zapping. If you cook every day then follow this practice every other day to help maintain a safe clean environment for your kitchen.
– Remember, with kitchen sponges, to rinse them and thoroughly wring them out after every use. This will prevent them from smelling like a gym locker.
– If you have Corian sinks in your kitchen or bathrooms, mix bleach and water at a 50/50 ratio and let it stand in the sink for 15 minutes, rinse and you’re done. Your sink will be beautifully white again. If you have stainless steel or porcelain sinks, then it’s Comet or another abrasive cleaner and some good elbow grease.
– Two things that every kitchen should have: A high quality set of VERY sharp kitchen knives and a large (at least 16”x20”) wooden cutting board.
– Underneath or behind your refrigerator there is a condensing coil. Even in the cleanest of homes they will collect large amounts of lint, dust and dirt which makes it run inefficiently. To clean, locate the coils, UNPLUG the unit, and vacuum the coils thoroughly. This could save you up to 6% on your fridge’s energy use. We recommend doing this at least once if not twice a year.
– Cleaning your metal range hood filter screen can improve the ventilation in your kitchen while cooking. To do this, simply soak the screen in a mixture of 1 part ammonia to 6 parts hot water. Scrub with a brush and rinse under hot water. Another method is to spray your screen with oven cleaner, let stand for a few minutes and run through your dishwasher immediately after.
Remember: If you submit a helpful hint we will give you a 10% discount off your next cleaning. If we use your helpful hint we will give you a free upgrade on your next cleaning.
Please make sure that your home is clutter-free so that our professionals can concentrate on cleaning. Read more…
Tips and tricks to use around your home to make cleaning and managing it easier.