– Always load a dishwasher from back to front…. This will allow you to more completely fill the dishwasher and will save soap, water and electricity.
– If you garbage disposal gets a little smelly, run cold water and grind up some ice cubes. This will clean the blades and get rid of that odor. And remember, when running a garbage disposal, always use cold water and let the water run for 15 seconds after you turn the disposal off.
– If you or one of your kids gets gum stuck on a shoe. Wrap the shoe in a bag, put it in the freezer for half an hour. When you take it out of the freezer, the gum will just snap right off. (Caution: If a child gets gum in their hair, DON”T DO THIS, it may cause serious brain freeze.) The real solution…… Would you believe…. Very oily peanut butter. The oilier the better.
– The only two tools that you need around the house. WD-40 (If it won’t move but should)……. And …….. Duct tape (If it moves but it shouldn’t)
– If you make a sauce (like spaghetti), gravy, etc. and you accidentally put too much salt in it, slice up a potato and cook for a while. The potato will absorb the saltiness.
– Don’t throw away those coffee grounds and egg shells. They make great organic fertilizer for your plants.
– Like garlic? Like black olives?… Try this. Crush two cloves of garlic, put in a Tupperware container with 2-3 tablespoons of a nice olive oil and dump in a can of drained black olives. Refrigerate for a few hours and enjoy.
– Easiest way to shell hard boiled eggs. Take ‘em from the boiling water and throw them into ice cold water for 5 minutes. The shells will almost fall off the eggs. If you have some leftover juice from Peperoncinis (Pickled greek peppers) pop 2-3 eggs (shelled) into the juice for 5 hours or more and you have some great pickled eggs.
Remember: If you submit a helpful hint we will give you a 10% discount off your next cleaning. If we use your helpful hint we will give you a free upgrade on your next cleaning.
Please make sure that your home is clutter-free so that our professionals can concentrate on cleaning. Read more…
Tips and tricks to use around your home to make cleaning and managing it easier.