Send your helpful cleaning hints to firstname.lastname@example.org! If you submit a helpful hint we will give you a 10% discount off your next cleaning. If we use your helpful hint we will give you a free upgrade on your next cleaning.
1) With Pollen in the Austin area running very high (‘tis the season), it is important to clean your household air filters on a regular basis. Here are some basic guidelines for when to change your filters:
(MiracleMaids will replace your filters (for a small charge) as part of any of our recurring cleaning plans. Just ask Mike or Trey)
– Traditional Fiberglass or Polyester: Changed monthly
– Washable/Reusable: Washed out monthly and reused
– Ordinary Flat or Pleated: Changed every 2 – 3 months
– Deep Pleated: Changed once or twice a year
– Pleated, Permanently Charged Electrostatic:Every 2 – 3 months
– Electronic Air Cleaner: Cleaned regularly (once a month)
This will lower your utility bills substantially and avoid potential damage to your heating/AC system as well.
2) Everybody sheds hair when they shower: Over time, without regular maintenance, some of us find that by the end of a shower that we’re standing in a puddle of water. A monthly maintenance regimen can avoid this. (MiracleMaids can perform this service for you (for a small charge) as part of any of our recurring cleaning plans. Just ask Mike or Trey)
For those of you that don’t mind chemicals, use Draino or Liquid-Plumr. One cup down the shower or tub drain once a month should do it. Let stand for 20 minutes and flush with hot water. For you “Greenies” out there, try this. ½ cup baking soda in the drain, add 1 cup cider vinegar (cheapest you can find ‘cause we’re just trying to create a chemical reaction) Cover with a wet washcloth and let sit for half an hour. Follow this with a gallon of very hot water. You’re done.
3) Sticky dresser drawers, china cabinet drawers, etc: Dryer winter weather is behind us. Spring often brings more moisture in the air and with it, the wood in our furniture begins to swell leaving drawers difficult to slide open….. Easy solution: Take out any sticky drawers and using an old paraffin wax candle, gently rub the underside of each drawer railing with the old candle.
That oughtta do the trick !!!!
Later, the Miracle Maid
Send your feedback to: HelpfulHints@miraclemaidstx.com
Remember: If you submit a helpful hint we will give you a 10% discount off your next cleaning. If we use your helpful hint we will give you a free upgrade on your next cleaning.